The Greeting Farm - Oliver & Amelia Surprise - www.quixoticcards.com

A Slightly Different Look For Oliver!

Recently, my friend Zoe, fearless leader (hehe) of the Make it Colourful team and owner of Make it Crafty, posted a beautifully coloured image.  That in itself was no surprise, Zoe always posts beautifully coloured images.  This time though, the image had been stamped with a very pale ink, so the image when coloured had no outline.  The effect is very cool, rendering images that would look at home in a children’s storybook.  Check out Zoe’s post HERE.

Lots of people have been joining in, and posting their efforts in the Make it Crafty Facebook Group.  Some truly stunning work on show, and if you love colouring this friendly group is well worth joining.

So, finally, I have been brave.  I almost chickened out, because some of the images posted have been utterly amazing.  Zoe wasn’t letting me get away with it though, so here’s my effort!

I coloured the adorable Oliver from The Greeting Farm – Oliver & Amelia Surprise stamp set with Copics on Make it Colour Blending Card (which proved invaluable, as I did a lot of layering on the hair).  I stamped him with Adirondack Dye based Ink – Lake Mist, although it was still a little dark, so I stamped it on a piece of scrap paper first.

The results aren’t perfect, but I’m pleased with my first effort!

The Greeting Farm - Oliver & Amelia Surprise - www.quixoticcards.com

Colouring without the black outline definitely requires more thought in terms of shading, and I found it a very fun and rewarding exercise.  Definitely one I’ll repeat again!

Copics Used:

Skin: E000, E21, E11 Hair: E70, E71, E74, E77 Outfit: B41, B45, BG70, BG72, E40, E42, E43, W00, W2, W3, W5 Gift: G0000, G82, G85, Y21, Y26, Y28

If you use FaceBook, do join the Make it Crafty FB Group and let us know if you give this a try, it’s fantastic seeing everyone’s images popping up!

25 thoughts on “A Slightly Different Look For Oliver!

1. Mette

This is stunning Elaine. Always been a fan of your wonderful colouring. Not sure if I would be brave enough to try but will definately think about it :).

Hugs, Mette

2. Zoe

well my lady – you sure did come up trumps! You have of course as completely expected created a masterpiece. And I for one am requesting that your next video ‘with’ audio is TGF hair!!!!! xo

oh and all that jargon in the first paragraph… pfft. 😛

3. Craftilicious

Wow Elaine – I can’t believe what a difference the lack of lines make. I’ve got some very pale momento inks so I’m going to give it a go! I just love the soft outline you to to his face he looks so real!

4. Beate

Dang girl! I think it’s perfect. LOVE your coloring. I wouldn’t have even thought of using E70’s for hair, but it looks amazing.
    Hugs and smiles

5. Amanda R

That is such a perfect analogy, he does look like he should be in a childrens book! I can really see the shading on this and he is so adorable! Great job as always Elaine!

6. Melanie

Oh Elaine…you never cease to leave me in awe. 🙂 “Almost chickened out”?…well, I’m thrilled that you didn’t!! (I almost wish I had chickened out after seeing yours!!) This is seriously AMAZING. That hair is phenomenal…how do you fancy a trip across the pond?? I would absolutely love to sit and watch you colour! Stunning work…looking forward to seeing more!

7. scrapncathy

LOVE IT! I really want to try this but am a little intimidated. Love your work, thank you for sharing your talent and inspiration.

8. Kooky

WOW this is awesome, I want your coloring skills LOL…happened upon your page whilst surfing the net in the crafty world and I am so glad did…I am an avid copic colourer and this non black outline is fantastic. Thanks for being so brave, a true master piece 🙂

9. Delphine

Absolutely fantastic, Elaine! Your “no black lines” colouring IS perfection! I love Oliver like that! And what a brilliant idea Zoe had! Hugs Delphine xx

10. angiebabe

wow, just got told about this form of colouring!
    and it just happens, i`m visiting the person who mentioned it, today!
    for a playday! lol so, guess what we`ll be attempting! lol
    Elaine,your colouring, is boarding on masterpiece! what am i saying!!
    It is a masterpiece! lol xx