Who Am I?
I have been crafting since I can remember. My passion for stamping in particular started in 2007/2008 when I first started playing with character stamps and colouring. Now my real passion is colouring, especially with alcohol based markers. I love to colour character stamps and more besides, and my tastes range from cute to bizarre!
From June 2009 to June 2015 I ran my own online craft store specialising in stamps – Quixotic Paperie. This adventure allowed me to immerse myself in stamping and paper-crafting, and led to the formation of many lasting friendships.
I am now exploring a new chapter and seeing where it takes me, join me for the ride, there will be lots of crafty inspiration along the way!
I live in the South West of England with my partner Paul and our Staffordshire Bull Terrier Taika.
Why Marker Geek?
Simply, I love markers and I am also a bit of a geek! When I’m not colouring I can be found playing video games, reading fantasy fiction and generally geeking out about something. 😉
Owner of Quixotic Paperie – online papercrafting store June 2009 – June 2015
- Craft Stamper Magazine August 2010 – “Beach Babes” – Copic Airbrushing tutorial p40-42
- Craft Stamper Magazine November 2010 – Stamping Contrasts – Stempelglede Angelic Greetings p21
- Craft Stamper Magazine December 2010 – Christmas Cheer – Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps p40-41
- Craft Stamper Magazine September 2011 – Idea Gallery – Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps card
- Let’s Make Cards! Issue 33 June 2010 – 3 Ways With Sketch Feature – The Greeting Farm card p30
- Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine August 2011 – Copic Skin Tone Tutorial & Make it Crafty/Whimsy Stamps merged scene card
- Craft Stamper Magazine April 2012 – Stamping Contrasts feature – Whimsy Stamps Vintage Transportation card.
- Splitcoast Stampers Weekly Inkling 28th March 2012 Tutorial – “No Lines” Colouring with ShinHan Touch Twin Markers.
- Craft Stamper Magazine August 2012 (p28-30) -Fairy Magic – alcohol marker background step by step featuring Make it Crafty stamps and lasercut chipboard.
- Craft Stamper Magazine February 2013 (p20) – Stamping Contrasts – “Stand Out” card featuring Susana Loves Stamps Blank Canvas collection stamps.
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine – PE93 April 2013 – Coffee Break Feature – SCACD Oddly Sweet Curiosities – Clueless card
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine – PE96 June 2013 – Cut Out & Keep Feature – Stamping Bella Uptown Girls 7 cards
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine – PE99 September 2013 – Cut Out & Keep Feature – Stamping Bella Christine Grove 7 cards
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine – PE100 October 2013 – In The Spotlight – Stamping Bella Christine Grove Seniorita Magda card
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine – PE101 November 2013 – Cut Out & Keep Feature – Tiddly Inks 7 cards (featured on cover)
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine PE107 May 2014 – Cut Out & Keep Feature – Tiddly Inks 7 Cards (featured on cover)
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine PE109 July 2014 – Cut Out & Keep Feature – Personal Impressions Lindsay Mason ZenDoodles 7 cards (pic on cover)
- Papercraft Essentials Magazine PE110 August 2014 – Free Gift Inspiration 6 cards using foiled diecuts/papers (pic on cover)
- YouTube Channel – marker videos
- Some Odd Girl Stamps – Winter Sky tutorial
- Some Odd Girl Stamps – Colouring with alcohol based markers
- Color Me Copic Blog: Colouring Clothes with Copic Markers
- Color Me Copic Blog: Colouring Teddy Bears & Animals with Copic Markers
- Stamping Bella September 2012 – current (previously May 2010 – June 2011)
- La-La Land Crafts Guest Designer October 2013 – February 2014
- ShinHan Artisan & Product Education Specialist – Touch Twin Marker Blog & Touch Twin Challenge Blog September 2011 – January 2014
- The Greeting Farm – Guest Designer – March 2013 Release Previews
- Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps – September 2009 – 17th February 2013
- Susana’s Custom Art & Card Design / SCACD Stamps (past May 2010 to November 2011)
- Make it Colourful – colouring challenge blog associated with Make it Crafty (past April 2011 – October 2011)
- Mo’s Digital Pencil “Dream Team” (past October 2009 to July 2011)
- Sunday’s With Crissy – Crissy Armstrong’s monthly digital challenge blog (past February 2011 to July 2011)
- Color Me Copic (past)
- Copic Colour Challenge (past)
Just For Fun
I participate in affiliate programs for Amazon and JacksonsArt. This means that I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here at this blog. Affiliate links will be marked in posts with a *
Purchasing via these affiliate links does not cost you anything extra, but it does contribute to the running costs of the blog, helping me to continue bringing you fun and inspiring content on a regular basis.
I also occasionally receive free products to work with and I receive stamps from Stamping Bella and SCACD Stamps as I colour their product images. The majority of products I use and post about are ones I have purchased personally.
I never share or review products that I do not personally like or would not personally recommend. My opinions are my own and are not for sale!