Copic Colouring Video – Skin – Featuring Mo Manning’s “Kissy”

After a great deal of procrastination, I’d like to share my very first video with you!  I’ve created a Copic colouring video, showing how I colour skintones.

Please note – I am not Copic certified, all colouring techniques have been self-taught through watching videos, checking out step by step tutorials and experimenting on my own.  This video shows the way I colour – nothing more!  I hope it will help some of you experimenting with your own style and techniques!

You will note that there is no sound!  I shot this video before Christmas just after buying a new video camera, and I wasn’t quite feeling brave enough to add my ramblings to the mix. 😉  I have provided the Copic markers used at each step, and the video is available in HD so you can hopefully get a good look at my colouring style.

The completed image was used on this card – Thanks Bunches!

Stamping Bella - Mo Manning - Kissy available at www.quixoticpaperie.co.uk

You can find the rubber stamp in the UK at www.quixoticpaperie.co.uk or in Canada direct from www.stampingbella.com.

The digital image is available from Mo Manning’s store www.digitalpenciltoo.com.

Cardstock used is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Super Smooth.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask away in the comments section here and I will do my best to answer them! I hope you enjoy the video and find it useful – if you do, I’d love to hear from you.

21 thoughts on “Copic Colouring Video – Skin – Featuring Mo Manning’s “Kissy”

1. Delphine

Thank you so much for you tutorial, Elaine, it was very interesting! I really enjoyed watching it! I am always so impressed by your cards and amazing colouring! And I would love to see more tutorials from you:-)! Hugs Delphine xx

2. kim piggott

Oh Elaine this is fabulous!
    Your colouring blows me away and it is wonderful to actually watch you in action!
    Thanks for your patience in tagging those colours each time too!
    hugs
    kim x

3. Nancy

I just love your coloring. Thanks for videoing it for us. I always look forward to what you are going to post next. THANKS! (Adorable images too.)

4. Peter

Brill tutorial Elaine .. Thank you for making it all so easy to follow with the copic colour codes in the corner.. Well done…I really do hope you do some more in the near future

Hugs Peter ( DC amanalone)

5. Susana

Hey E
    Love this and so easy peasy to follow :o) I agree with the commentor above so cool to see you in action!!! I also love the codes that pop in the corners above. I didn’t need the words at all though I am sure your voice us is charming :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

6. Heather

Hi Elaine-
    Wonderful tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see more. Don’t be afraid to add sound. I thought I sounded like a ding dong on the one I did, but hubby assured me I didn’t.. 🙂

7. Beth Greco

Brilliant, although it feels a little bit like silent movies and like there should be some dramatic music happening as you add highlights. I love seeing it come to life. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

8. Elaine Post author

Funnily enough I did joke with someone that it wasn’t a talkie. 😉 Copic Colouring with Charlie Chaplin. 😀

I will try and be brave and add audio in future!

9. Cindy H.

OMGosh, Elaine, thank you so much for this wonderful tutorial!!! Your coloring is just fantastic and I have admired it for a while now!! Though I had *no* problems following this tutorial, I’d love to hear your voice 🙂 Please make more!!! tfs

10. Laura B.

Thanks for the video! Your cards are some of my favorites and to be able to see how you create the wonderful dimension that you get is a great help for this novice!

11. Pingback: Copic Colouring Video – Hair – Featuring Mo Manning’s “Kissy” – Quixotic Cards

12. Crafty Cath

I’ve seen faces colored using many techniques but I must say that your video is the most informative. It’s great to know that you repeat the colors to continue to deepen the skin tones…I can’t wait to give this a try. Now I know why your coloring is so darn fantastic. You really work it and it pays off!

13. Pingback: Copic Colouring Video – Clothing – Featuring Mo Manning’s “Kissy” – Quixotic Cards